marți, 21 octombrie 2014

Bucharest Art Weekend

The most magnificent thing is that now I can visit as many art galleries and museums as I want.... because they are all around, waiting for me. Last weekend I realized how much I actually love to spend my time in galleries. It's a delight! Last weekend I drew all morning in the studio, then ran in the street and searched for the art exhibitions which composed the event called Bucharest Art Weekend. The booklets they spread all around the city center contained a tiny map and the exact address of each gallery. This was very useful!
It was just like a treasure hunt race. I hadn't ever visited any of those places.... and as you may know, discovering new places is one of my favorite activities, or should I say hobby...? It's all about finding the mysterious and unknown in the daily routine and making each moment a unique one.


So Saturday afternoon I visited three galleries: H' Art: "Dulce et Decorum" personal exhibition by George Anghelescu, Visual Arts Center: "Bucharest International Print Biennale" and Dalles Hall: "Enchanting Views". Pay a visit as long as you can! It's worth it believe me! I recommend them all and I won't express nor my positive neither my negative opinion. Go and make your own artistic discoveries! It's great and magical!

"Enchanting Views" hosted at the Dallas Hall is really nice.... and nostalgic. It's about the changes that took place in the structure and architecture of the Romanian Black Sea shore resorts during the 60's and 70's. It was actually a multimedia exhibition: photos, newspapers, magazines, documentaries, videos, statistics and postcards. Looking at those old photos I just couldn't believe my eyes. Was this really Constanta, my hometown? Was this really Mamaia? It's hard to believe they had ever looked so good.... Well that was a really nostalgic half an hour... "Enchanting Views" makes you want to go back in time and see with your own eyes clean, wide beaches, tidy hotels and colorful, fresh flowers all around.





 And Sunday I visited The National Museum of Arts, the Arts Collections section. It's just wonderful! It's so big I couldn't visit it entirely. I will go back as soon as I can and visit the second floor.  
So I had a great weekend... a full one for sure! I got home dead tired... but that's an everyday issue already. Oh my god I am so busy these days :)) Stay tuned! My artistic appetite is huge so... museums, galleries, exhibitions... here I come!

Un comentariu:

  1. Bravo Mimisor ! Felicitari pentru noua ta viata de studenta in Bucuresti ! Iti doresc sa fie o calatorie frumoasa si sa-ti umple sufletul !
    Dora

    RăspundețiȘtergere

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...